AudioDJ LED Front Panel Hacking

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by misttar, Sep 8, 2006.

  1. misttar

    misttar Guest

    I am looking for anyone that has had luck with accessing (via software)
    the front panel LED on a laptop with a AudioDJ setup. AudioDJ is made
    by 02Micro and is used in several different configurations, some of
    which I know (from google searches) can talk to the OS (control winamp,
    etc). But most don't have a LED front panel.

    The model on my laptop (Alienware Area-51m 5500) has a front LED, that
    normaly just displays a digitial clock (controlable from the System
    Bios). Or when the machine is off can be used like most of the AudioDJ
    setups that allows for control of the CD/DVD drive to play music
    (displays track/play time/etc).

    Anyone know of a way to get access to this from the OS? Drivers, etc.
    I am no expert at low level device implementations but am capable
    enough. But will draw the line at any hardware modifications (no
    soldering).

    Or anyone have any ideas on where/how to get started? Even how I might
    be able to get the specs on the chipset/etc...

    - Misttar

    misttar, Sep 8, 2006