    difficulty making sense of all this. Am I running too hot?

    Thanks,

    Dave

    Daibidh, Sep 6, 2003

  2. Daibidh

    Wes Newell Guest

    Unknown CPU is not uncommon. Yes. it's a bios issue (actaully a
    non-issue).
    Way too hot. Check your cpu cooler installation.

    Wes Newell, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Daibidh

    J.Clarke Guest

    If the board temperature is 55C I'd look at the case cooling first.

    J.Clarke, Sep 7, 2003
  4. Daibidh

    Buffalo Guest

    "Daibidh"
    I also use an XP2100+ Palomino. I removed the thermal tape on the retail
    heatsink and applied a light layer of heatsink paste.
    What is the temp of the room you have this pc in?
    My board temps are in the 30's after awhile, but my PC would get up to about
    63C while online gaming.
    I bought an Aeroflow heatsink/fan and I now sometimes get into the low 50's
    while doing intensive running, but otherwise stay in the low 40's during
    normal use.
    Take the sides off your PC and then see what the temps are.
    Download MotherBoardMonitor and see what it shows for temps.
    It sure sounds like a very hot room or very poor case ventilation.
    What are the temps reported in the BIOS?

    Buffalo, Sep 8, 2003
  5. Daibidh

    Buffalo Guest

    "Buffalo>
    about

    I meant my cpu temps, not my PC temps.

    Buffalo, Sep 8, 2003
  6. Daibidh

    mdp Guest

    Check the temps in your BIOS to get a baseline. Your apps may be reporting the wrong temps.

    mdp, Sep 9, 2003