AutoDetect CPU Ratio vs Manual Imput

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by Bob D'Spain, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Bob D'Spain

    Bob D'Spain Guest

    I just built a system using the FIC AU13 motherboard and
    and AMD 2200 xp 266mhz fsb 1800 mhz cpu.

    Upon boot, I get the following message:
    Warning: CPU clock is overrunning
    please set cpu clock in frequency/voltage control.

    Autodetect gave me CPU Ratio of 13.5 and
    FSB of 133 mhz.

    Can anyone tell me what I should set these values to?
    (I already searched AMD and FIC sites and havn't found
    this info)

    Obviously the the FSB should be at 266 but this setting is
    higher than available, at least at CPU ratio of 13.5.

    Thanks
    Bob D'Spain

    Bob D'Spain, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Bob D'Spain

    Wes Newell Guest

    13.5x133Mhz is the default for the 2200+. NeitherAMD or Intel has ever had
    a 266MHz FSB. The 2200+ default is 133MHz (DDR266). They like to stretch
    the truth a bit by using the data rate as the MHz speed.

    Wes Newell, Jun 25, 2003

  3. Bob D'Spain

    Kev Guest

    ATHLON XP2000+ =operating speed is 266
    ATHLON XP2200+ = OP speed is 266
    ATHLON XP2400+ = op speed is 266

    the fsb for those is 266,NOT 133.
    It is 133 doubled to give 266,it uses PC2100 DDR ram not 133 ram!.

    Kev, Jun 28, 2003
  4. Bob D'Spain

    Wes Newell Guest

    The FSB speed is 133MHz. The data rate is what is doubled, not the speed.
    And PC2100 ram IS 133Mhz.
    The 2100 represents the data bandwidth.

    Wes Newell, Jun 28, 2003