    To clarify, Safari 3 does remember what I typed in those fields since
    installing it. However, I would like for it to learn everything Safari
    2 knew. :)

    RPS, Jun 13, 2007

  2. There must be something really strange about your installation of
    Safari3. Not only have I not had the "close window" problem that you
    are experiencing, but Safari3 remembers all the passwords, etc. that I
    used before upgrading. I can only suggest you uninstall and reinstall,
    to see if that fixes your problems.

    HTH

    Dave Fritzinger, Jun 13, 2007

  3. RPS

    Gerry Guest

    Safari 3 remembers passwords and such but not text that you might enter
    no web page form.

    I'm an eBay seller and Safari 3 did not remember the phrases I use to
    give feedback on my customers, Safari 2 had all of them, so now I have
    to recreate them all again, which once entered Safari 3 does remember.

    Gerry, Jun 13, 2007
  4. Not having the problem here either.

    Joey DoWop Dee, Jun 13, 2007
  5. RPS

    M-M Guest

    I also see a difference. In Safari 2, as soon as I opened a page that
    required a username/pw, it would be filled in for me. Now I have to
    start typing the username before the rest will get filled in.

    It's enough to make me go back to the previous version. I don't see any
    benefits of 3 over 2 except for the "find" which I'm still deciding if
    it is good or not.

    M-M, Jun 13, 2007
  6. Sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't for me. If it didn't I'd just
    click on the pencil icon in the tool bar, and it would fill in.
    I definitely like the new Find functionality and the resizable text
    fields. Dragable tabs are useful once in a while, but they're my least
    favorite of the new features.

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 13, 2007
  7. RPS

    M-M Guest

    The new find takes up window space and I don't like that. And the words
    it finds are annoyingly highlighted.

    I could not find any logical use for dragable tabs.

    Autofill is a deal-breaker. And it does not feel any faster.

    The best thing about it is the uninstall works very well and now I'm
    happy again with v.2

    M-M, Jun 13, 2007
  8. I find that the separate Find window takes up space, and I never liked
    that. Also the highlighting now identifies the found word much better
    than the old way. Yes, it is a bit garish, but it is still much better
    for me than previously. And because this is beta, I suspect that the
    final product will not be so garish.
    To rearrange tabs into the sequence you prefer.
    It works the same in 3.0 as it does in 2.x for me.

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 13, 2007
  9. RPS

    Jon Guest

    As others have said, it works here. And it isn't Safari that knows those
    things, but your Keyring(s). So it shouldn't matter.

    Jon, Jun 13, 2007
  10. Is the KeyChain used for ordinary form fields that aren't
    username/password? Then what's in ~/Library/Safari/Form Values?

    Barry Margolin, Jun 13, 2007
  11. RPS

    Jon Guest

    I was thinking of username/pw combos. No, AFAIK KeyChain does not
    remember all those other items. You are right.

    Jon, Jun 13, 2007
  12. RPS

    RPS Guest

    As I don't yet understand what is wrong, anything is possible. However,
    other people are also reporting some version of autofill trouble. I'll
    go through a proper uninstall and re-install and see what that brings.

    RPS, Jun 13, 2007
  13. RPS

    RPS Guest

    I have reported to Apple., but the ng's are also a place to discuss
    software issues, beta or no beta.

    RPS, Jun 13, 2007
  14. RPS

    Calum Guest

    I think the key word was "annoyingly". There's subtle-but-visible
    highlighting, and there's
    so-orange-that-you're-distracted-from-the-context highlighting :)

    Personally, I'm just hoping fiwt is upgraded for 3.0...
    http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/15920

    Calum, Jun 14, 2007
  15. RPS

    gnjatic Guest

    I am having the same problem on two computers running OS 10.4.10 and
    Safari 3.0.2: Autofill "Other forms" systematically forgets entries
    every time the Safari is restarted. Any progress to solve this issue?

    gnjatic, Jul 3, 2007