Automated Test Solution for Arm7 and Nucleus C?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by lewis, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. lewis

    lewis Guest

    All,

    A co-worker asked me to do research on automated testing solutions. I
    am not an embedded systems guy, but I was nonetheless asked to do some
    research on it. I know we use ARM7 and the Nucleus C compiler. I'm
    trying to find an automated test solution or two. While I've found
    basic debugger applications, I am really looking for automated test
    tools. I've got no idea where to start looking. I found a couple of
    programs like Tessy, but Tessy didnt seem to support the combination we
    use. Then again corporate web sites seem more about looking slick than
    presenting information clearly.

    Any advice on any apps to check into?

    Thanks,

    Lewis

    lewis, Jan 31, 2006

  2. lewis

    Dave Hansen Guest

    What's your budget?

    Check out www.testquest.com. Good stuff. Disclaimer: I used to work
    for them, and still own some stock.

    Check out www.embeddedtesting.com. Disclaimer: He used to work for
    them too. I'm less familiar with his products, but he's a pretty
    sharp guy and knows testing.

    Neither of these is specific to ARM (or any other processor) or
    Nucleus C (or C, or any other implementation language).

    Good luck,
    -=Dave

    Dave Hansen, Feb 2, 2006