    to check for new mail, but I don’t see an option for what I want.

    Thanks,
    Chuck

    Chuck Preston Jr., Oct 15, 2003

  2. if Mail.app is set to automatically check for mail periodically, it
    should automatically check for mail upon launch.

    In the account options panel, make sure that the appropriate check box
    is checked.

    Michelle Steiner, Oct 15, 2003

  3. If that doesn't work for Chuck, isn't Mail apple-scriptable?

    Cliff

    Clifford Buetikofer, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Chuck Preston Jr.

    Guest Guest

    If you have it set that way, but have switched to "work offline"
    before you quit last time, it may start back up in "work offline" mode.

    Let's test that theory out.

    Sure enough.

    Guest, Oct 15, 2003