Automating file info on OsX

Discussion in 'Apple' started by cardzrus, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. cardzrus

    cardzrus Guest

    Hello,
    I'm pasting copyright info into the file info boxes on hundreds of files
    (mostly psd, tif, and jpg) on Mac OsX 10.2.6 . I basically just type the
    info into one info box, then copy it and open the other info boxes one
    at a time (using the "Command+I" key shortcut), then paste the info into
    the comments box (using "Command+V" shortcut) into the info box of each
    document. Then close the info window. As you can imagine this is very
    tedious. I know there must be a way to automate such a simple task on
    Mac OsX, although I've looked through numerous Mac OsX handbooks and
    can't find any helpful advice.

    Does anyone out there know how to do this (automate this task)?

    *********
    Also whenever I change and save a file, the comments in the info box for
    the file disappear and I have to re-enter it. On the old Mac Os, 8
    through 9 anyway, the comments in the info box stayed there even if you
    changed and saved the file, or even if you changed and did a "save as".
    Is there a way around this MacOsX annoyance of deleting the info box
    comments when making changes to and resaving a file?

    If you know any solutions to either of these problems, please let me
    know by posting a reply. If you prefer to email a reply rather tha
    posting then please put the phrase "info comments" in the subject
    somewhere so I can use that as an "accept filter" on my spam removal
    program.

    Thanks for looking.

    cardzrus, Aug 29, 2003

  2. The easiest way would almost certainly be applescript.

    Fred

    Frederick Cheung, Aug 29, 2003