    Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this.

    Thanks for any info.

    Ian

    Ian Roberts, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Ian Roberts

    JAD Guest

    you chose a country?

    JAD, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Ian Roberts

    Ian Roberts Guest

    Hi JAD

    Thanks for replying.

    Aha! I've just realised that the region box in step 1 should give me a list
    of countries - but its blank. If I click on the drop down button the list
    is empty. So this is probably why the autoscan is greyed out.

    Does anyone know how I can fix this?

    Thanks

    Ian

    Ian Roberts, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Ian Roberts

    patrickp Guest

    You would appear to be in the UK, Ian, so could it be that you've upgraded
    to DX 9.0b? The well known PAL tuner killer?

    See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825116.

    patrickp

    patrickp, Sep 30, 2003
  5. Ian Roberts

    Ian Roberts Guest

    message

    snip...
    Hey patrickp

    Thanks! That did the trick. I'm very grateful to you for the info and the
    link. I didnt know about this.

    Guess I havent got my finger on the pulse after all!

    Although I'm now able to autoscan and its picked up 11 channels - none of
    them are useable - black fuzzy screens and noise.

    Ive checked the video settings for each channel - for some reason NTSC is
    always selected - even though I chose UK region prior to the autoscan.
    Anyway even after trying all the PAL options I still dont see a picture.

    The odd thing is, when I come out of setup and just switch through the TV
    channels the broadcast appears for a brief second and then it reverts to
    mush. So its picking up something but not hanging to to it.

    I suspect I may have a poor signal feed so I'll have a go with another
    aerial cable.

    Thanks again.

    Ian

    Ian Roberts, Oct 1, 2003
  6. Ian Roberts

    JAD Guest

    have you tried reinstalling/repairing MMC after the fix is apllied

    JAD, Oct 1, 2003