AV-8 3rd Eye sometimes hangs on startup

Discussion in 'Abit' started by John Carlyle-Clarke, Sep 8, 2005.

  1. It mostly seems to be when coming back from a hibernate, but since it's
    occasional it could just be my imagination.

    The sytem hangs with the "Abit Engineered logo" on the screen and the POST
    code 75 which seems to be when initialising the IDE. Can anyone offer any
    advice for fixing or troubleshooting?

    Thanks!

    ---------------------

    ABit AV-8 3rd Eye
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (90nm)
    1GB Crucial DDR400 (2x512MB)
    ATI Radeon 9700 PRO AGP

    Seagate Barracuda 150GB ST3160023A
    NEC DVD/RW ND-3500AG

    BIOS ID V2.4 (07/28/2005)
    VIA HyperionPro V5.00A.0

    XP PRO SP2

    John Carlyle-Clarke, Sep 8, 2005

  2. John Carlyle-Clarke

    straiton Guest

    Just guessing here,
    check your power management settings in BIOS

    It's not an Antec PSU is it?
    this board has some very definite problems with the 5V standby power on
    early Antecs(pre Oct 03 i think).My 430W Antec True would't work.Using Ritmo
    400W ATM.
    Other brands of PSU may have similar issues
    Check http://forum.abit-usa.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49
    --

    SteveH
    Abit AV8 Third Eye v1.1, A64 3200+ at 2400(9x267),1.55V CPU

    straiton, Sep 13, 2005

  3. I was having boot problems with this board also. I had to replace my Antec
    Truepower 480 replaced foc by Antec.

    Lester Piglet, Sep 14, 2005
  4. It's a Jeantech 450W power supply, which I think is a good quality
    unit. I don't believe that it's a rebadged Antec.
    Hey thanks for the link :) I was clicking around the damn Abit sites
    trying to find some forums but with no luck. Lots of good info there.

    John Carlyle-Clarke, Sep 14, 2005