    able to extract the .bin file, but cannot burn it w/o a .cue file.

    Any hints on how to upgrade my BIOS without a floppy?

    Life is too stupid to always act smart.

    zaius, Aug 26, 2003

  2. zaius

    Skier Guest

    you still need to upgrade outside of windows and the windows/dos shell.
    Therefore you need something to boot from. You can try copying the dos boot
    disk to a CD Rom and the Bios update to cdrom. Boot clean to dos using the
    CDRom and then run the update.

    Just make sure you are updating the BIOS because you are having problems.
    If you are having no problems, don't upgrade the BIOS. You will find of
    number of posts where folks have hosed their mobos by trying to upgrade the
    BIOS when they really didn't need to. Some people think that you need to
    upgrade as soon as a new BIOS update is posted. That is a wrong assumption.
    ..

    Tom

    Skier, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Don't play around with any power devices,
    or the device's power when doing a BIOS upgrade.

    BIOS upgrades aren't an instant thing, and losing
    power part way through can really spoil your day.

    dorothy.bradbury, Aug 28, 2003