    the sticker showing 90nm Support

    Basil

    > Basil, Feb 8, 2005

  2. > Basil

    Lee Marsh Guest

    I have a 90nm Athlon64 3500+ running on an AV8 3rd Eye and it works fine.

    Cheers,

    Lee.

    Lee Marsh, Feb 8, 2005

  3. > Basil

    ô¿ô¬ Guest

    :
    : : > Just received and AV8 from Mwave , the box is clearly marked with
    : > a 90nm support sticker .
    : >
    : > I visited Tiger Direct outlet and None the Av8's on the shelf had
    : > the sticker showing 90nm Support
    : >
    : > Basil
    :
    : I have a 90nm Athlon64 3500+ running on an AV8 3rd Eye and it works fine.
    :
    : Cheers,
    :
    : Lee.

    Ditto, Running like a champ here as well

    ô¿ô¬, Feb 8, 2005
  4. > Basil

    > Basil Guest

    I am not saying it won't run . There has been a problem with earlier
    versions of the AV8 not booting with the pre 17 bios and a 90nm chip .
    Just a heads up for anyone thinking about buying an AV8 .

    > Basil, Feb 9, 2005
  5. > Basil

    Russ Guest

    I bought one of those last fall and it wouldn't boot up with the 90um CPU. I
    had to buy a bios chip with a newer bios. Once that was in I haven't had any
    problems.

    I think Excalibur Pc owes me $20....

    So beware, there may be some older Abit AV8 MB's around with the old bios on
    them.

    Russ, Feb 12, 2005