AV8 BIOS Flash Gone Wrong

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Dylan C, Nov 29, 2005.

  1. Dylan C

    Dylan C Guest

    Ok, I just built a system over the past few days with the specs listed
    below. Everything was good until I flashed the BIOS just a few minutes ago.

    I have WinXP installed on a striped raid set connected to a Syba PCI RAID
    card using the Silicon Images 680 chipset. The OS is on a pair of 30gb
    maxtors and there are also two 80gb WDs on the card.

    As I said, everything was running fine until I noticed that the BIOS and OS
    were not detecting the CPU properly, so I flashed the BIOS with version -24
    from abit's site.

    Now the computer posts fine, properly detects the CPU and then continues to
    the RAID card's BIOS, where it fails to detect each of my 4 drives. Then
    its a "BOOT DISK FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" situation.

    I know all four drives did not fail at once, so I am blaming the BIOS flash.
    I thought I could update the RAID card's BIOS, but the site is down. That
    was my only idea. Any suggestions?

    -Dylan
    --
    Abit AV8
    Athlon 64 X2 3800+

    Dylan C, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Dylan C

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Be sure you have reset the bios/cmos - see your manual. In some cases
    (depending on the type of changes within the update) resetting is
    mandatory for things to continue to work afterwards. One indication
    that you have succeeded in resetting is that the time/date values will
    be reset.

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    < snip >

    - HAL9000, Nov 29, 2005

  3. Dylan C

    straiton Guest

    there is a problem with this board bios24 and sata raid.Best solution is to
    revert to bios 16, i think. DO NOT flash to bios 25.
    Have a look through here for more info
    http://forum.abit-usa.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

    I'm not running a raid so my info may be suss.
    --

    SteveH
    Abit AV8 Third Eye v1.1, A64 3200+ at 2430(9x270),1.575V CPU

    straiton, Nov 30, 2005