    for a long time in which bios setting are not retained despite replacing the
    bios battery.

    RT

    AP, Dec 1, 2006

  2. AP

    Mitch Crane Guest

    It's too late now, but the first thing I would have done is turn off the
    full-screen logo. Then maybe you possibly could have gotten some idea
    what it was doing when it hung.

    Have you tried clearing CMOS?

    Mitch Crane, Dec 2, 2006

  3. AP

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, I think pressing tab will bring up the post messages on screen.....
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Dec 2, 2006
  4. AP

    JB Guest

    Yes, I took the battery out and unplugged the computer.

    JB, Dec 3, 2006
  5. AP

    Mitch Crane Guest

    For how long? You didn't use the clear CMOS jumper?

    Mitch Crane, Dec 3, 2006
  6. AP

    JB Guest

    No at the time I couldn't find the manual. I probably let it sit a few
    minues. I see someone else has the same problem a couple of posts up, see
    "Asus A8v not booting."

    JB, Dec 4, 2006