av8 mother board giving me memory problem

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Inf3r, Mar 12, 2006.

  1. Inf3r

    Inf3r Guest

    i had been using a 512 + 512 MB 400 Mhz = 1 Ghz 400 mhz for the pas
    few months.. recently i bought a 1 Ghz 400 mhz stick and when i slo
    it in, the mother board reads at 1.5 Ghz when it is supposed to be a
    2 Ghz.

    does anyone have a solution for this? its making me confused her
    since i read the manual it stated av8 could stand up to 4 Ghz

    Thanks pls do reply i dont want to waste my money since the other 51
    is left out.

    Computer Specs

    Amd Athlon 3200+ 204 Mh
    Kingston 1.5(400Mhz) Ghz (currently
    Maxtor 160 GB 8M
    Ati Radeon 9600 128M

    Inf3r, Mar 12, 2006

  2. Inf3r

    nos1eep Guest

    It is further alleged that on or about Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:30:49 GMT,
    in alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit, the queezy keyboard of
    (Inf3r) spewed the following:

    |i had been using a 512 + 512 MB 400 Mhz = 1 Ghz 400 mhz for the past
    |few months.. recently i bought a 1 Ghz 400 mhz stick and when i slot
    |it in, the mother board reads at 1.5 Ghz when it is supposed to be at
    |2 Ghz..
    |
    |does anyone have a solution for this? its making me confused here
    |since i read the manual it stated av8 could stand up to 4 Ghz
    |
    |Thanks pls do reply i dont want to waste my money since the other 512
    |is left out..

    Use the process of elimination. Set your BIOS to autodetect. Remove
    all modules. Install the 1ghz stick in the first slot, boot, check it
    out. If ok, install a 512 in the second, boot, check it out, repeat.

    nos1eep, Mar 12, 2006

  3. Inf3r

    Rennie Guest

    With this board you must have single ranked memory sticks, if you want
    to use 4 DIMMs.
    This means that the memory modules on the DIMMs have to be on one side
    and not on both sides.

    Rennie, Mar 12, 2006
  4. Inf3r

    Inf3r Guest

    Renniewrote
    Inf3r schrieb
    With this board you must have single ranked memory sticks, if you wan

    to use 4 DIMMs
    This means that the memory modules on the DIMMs have to be on one sid

    and not on both sides
    R[/quote:d1a26553cb

    i've tried the first method putting in the 1 ghz stick first den so o
    but when i slot in the 3rd one the 512 it didnt even read at all bu
    when i switched the 512 to the 2nd slot which was the other 512 wa
    there, it still showed same results.

    hmm maybe u could explain to me about having DIMMs to be on one sid
    and not on both sides

    Inf3r, Mar 14, 2006
  5. Inf3r

    Rennie Guest

    Every RAM stick (DIMM) consists of a long, usually green plate and a
    certain number of black memory chips which are attached to the plate.
    These chips can be attached to each side of the plate (double rank)or
    just to a single side (single rank). That depends on the manufacturer of
    your memory sticks.
    Please have a look at the chapter "Install system memory" of your AV8
    manual. There you will find all possible combinations concerning the
    usage of different ram sticks (single channel/ double channel mode,
    PC333/ PC400, which banks you have to use, etc.).
    Hope I could help.

    Rennie, Mar 14, 2006
  6. Inf3r

    Inf3r Guest

    thanks for ur help but could u help me state a solution on this
    since i read the manual different slots supports different Mhz whic
    is 400/333 but mine is 400.

    Inf3r, Mar 19, 2006