    I have cleared CMOS. Other suggestions?

    Thanks!

    Hasj Pee

    Hasj Pee, Mar 12, 2005

  2. Hasj Pee

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:02:56 +0100, Hasj Pee wrote:

    > I have got a brand new ABIT AV8 mobo with a 3000+ amd 64 winchester CPU and
    > 512MB DDR from APACER.
    >
    > When it boots, I get no screen. I get, after a few seconds, a sound that is
    > like a siren.

    Lot's of people having problems with the AV8 and Winchesters. Something
    about you need a newer bios. The siren sounds like an overheating alarm
    which might be true and might be bogus. Search back through the group for
    answers.

    Wes Newell, Mar 12, 2005

  3. Hasj Pee

    Hasj Pee Guest

    "Wes Newell" <> schreef in bericht
    > On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:02:56 +0100, Hasj Pee wrote:
    >
    >> I have got a brand new ABIT AV8 mobo with a 3000+ amd 64 winchester CPU
    >> and
    >> 512MB DDR from APACER.
    >>
    >> When it boots, I get no screen. I get, after a few seconds, a sound that
    >> is
    >> like a siren.
    >>

    > Lot's of people having problems with the AV8 and Winchesters. Something
    > about you need a newer bios. The siren sounds like an overheating alarm
    > which might be true and might be bogus. Search back through the group for
    > answers.
    >
    > --
    > My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
    > Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

    Thank you, but I am not sure the searching back brought the correct answer.

    I need a Newcastle core?

    Kind regards,

    Hasj Pee

    Hasj Pee, Mar 13, 2005
  4. Hasj Pee

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:20:47 +0100, Hasj Pee wrote:

    > "Wes Newell" <> schreef in bericht
    >> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:02:56 +0100, Hasj Pee wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have got a brand new ABIT AV8 mobo with a 3000+ amd 64 winchester CPU
    >>> and
    >>> 512MB DDR from APACER.
    >>>
    >>> When it boots, I get no screen. I get, after a few seconds, a sound that
    >>> is
    >>> like a siren.
    >>>

    >> Lot's of people having problems with the AV8 and Winchesters. Something
    >> about you need a newer bios. The siren sounds like an overheating alarm
    >> which might be true and might be bogus. Search back through the group for
    >> answers.
    >>

    > Thank you, but I am not sure the searching back brought the correct answer.
    >
    > I need a Newcastle core?

    No. You need a later bios. But that's catch 22 if you can't boot it with
    the bios you have now, how can you flash a newer one. :) Try getting a
    new bios from Abit. And I sure as hell wouldn't pay for it. I'd RMA the
    board a hundred times first.

    Wes Newell, Mar 13, 2005
  5. Hasj Pee

    > On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:20:47 +0100, Hasj Pee wrote:
    >
    >> "Wes Newell" <> schreef in bericht

    >>> Lot's of people having problems with the AV8 and Winchesters. Something
    >>> about you need a newer bios. The siren sounds like an overheating alarm
    >>> which might be true and might be bogus. Search back through the group
    >>> for
    >>> answers.
    >>>

    >> Thank you, but I am not sure the searching back brought the correct
    >> answer.
    >>
    >> I need a Newcastle core?
    >>

    > No. You need a later bios. But that's catch 22 if you can't boot it with
    > the bios you have now, how can you flash a newer one. :) Try getting a
    > new bios from Abit. And I sure as hell wouldn't pay for it. I'd RMA the
    > board a hundred times first.
    >
    > --
    > My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
    > Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

    Hi!

    Thank you!

    Of course I will not pay for that, I am not crazy :)

    I'll RMA the whole thing or ask a newcastle core cpu from my dealer and
    flash mysleft!

    Thanks again!

    Kind regards,

    Hasj Pee

    Hasj Pee, Mar 13, 2005
  6. Hasj Pee

    vojin

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    ABIT AV8: two-tone siren, Code 90 - SOLUTION

    STUPID ABIT - does not explain what causes the two-tone siren.
    Manual is poorly written and web site is useless.

    - two-tone siren points to overheating, temperature sensors, voltage out of range ...
    this is what people would focus on...

    I read 100s of posts: people spent days (like myself), changed PS, CPU, flushed BIOS etc. etc. ....

    Here is what my problem was in the end:

    - I tried adding memory before I got to that. I notices someplace in the manual that after reconfiguring memory CMOS settings have to be reset, or ...

    Well - just change the jumper setting (w/ power off) to reset 1-2 and back to 2-3.
    And you will be in business.... siren will disappear and it will boot. The rest ... you are on your own...

    Good luck, and I hope I have helped someone who like me spent days trying to figure it out.

    vojin, Mar 13, 2010
  7. Hasj Pee

    kellyj994

    Joined: