    I have cleared CMOS. Other suggestions?

    Thanks!

    Hasj Pee

    Hasj Pee, Mar 12, 2005

  2. Hasj Pee

    Wes Newell Guest

    Lot's of people having problems with the AV8 and Winchesters. Something
    about you need a newer bios. The siren sounds like an overheating alarm
    which might be true and might be bogus. Search back through the group for
    answers.

    Wes Newell, Mar 12, 2005

  3. Hasj Pee

    Hasj Pee Guest

    Thank you, but I am not sure the searching back brought the correct answer.

    I need a Newcastle core?

    Kind regards,

    Hasj Pee

    Hasj Pee, Mar 13, 2005
  4. Hasj Pee

    Wes Newell Guest

    No. You need a later bios. But that's catch 22 if you can't boot it with
    the bios you have now, how can you flash a newer one. :) Try getting a
    new bios from Abit. And I sure as hell wouldn't pay for it. I'd RMA the
    board a hundred times first.

    Wes Newell, Mar 13, 2005
  5. Hasj Pee

    Hasj Pee Guest

    Hi!

    Thank you!

    Of course I will not pay for that, I am not crazy :)

    I'll RMA the whole thing or ask a newcastle core cpu from my dealer and
    flash mysleft!

    Thanks again!

    Kind regards,

    Hasj Pee

    Hasj Pee, Mar 13, 2005
  6. Hasj Pee

    vojin

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    ABIT AV8: two-tone siren, Code 90 - SOLUTION

    STUPID ABIT - does not explain what causes the two-tone siren.
    Manual is poorly written and web site is useless.

    - two-tone siren points to overheating, temperature sensors, voltage out of range ...
    this is what people would focus on...

    I read 100s of posts: people spent days (like myself), changed PS, CPU, flushed BIOS etc. etc. ....

    Here is what my problem was in the end:

    - I tried adding memory before I got to that. I notices someplace in the manual that after reconfiguring memory CMOS settings have to be reset, or ...

    Well - just change the jumper setting (w/ power off) to reset 1-2 and back to 2-3.
    And you will be in business.... siren will disappear and it will boot. The rest ... you are on your own...

    Good luck, and I hope I have helped someone who like me spent days trying to figure it out.

    vojin, Mar 13, 2010
  7. Hasj Pee

    kellyj994

    Joined: