    is anyone reading this had any success with this card?

    best, Aaron

    , May 1, 2006

  2. William Guest

    Aaron:

    Yeap, my AverMedia did that too. You have a conflict with AVerTV and ATI TV
    drivers. They don't want to share with each other. Big bullies they are.

    You can do either:

    1) Uninstall / Disable the ATI TV driver in the MMC software. (Uninstall
    the whole MMC software bundle, then reinstall leaving off the TV feature. Or
    if you know how to use the Control Panel - System - Device Manager - Sound,
    video and game controllers, you can select the ATI mmc TV driver and turn it
    off directly. Reboot and wa-la.)

    2) Go to AverMedia and download the newest drivers for the board and install
    them.

    I used method 1 before I went to AverMedia's web site and updated my
    drivers. What a novel idea!

    HAY - if you have the old ATI MMC software, after installing the new
    AverMedia's drivers, you can use both AverMedias TV software and ATI's
    software. Just not at the same moment. But if you have the newest ATI's
    mmc software, ATI will not support TV control for anything other than ATI's
    All-In-Wonder cards, (damn them programmers).

    Confused - I am.

    William

    William, May 2, 2006

  3. Guest

    Re: AVerTV GO 007 FM plus tv card

    Hi William: thank's for your post. I don''t know for sure if our
    situations are the same. I do not have an ATI card. What I do have is
    the Matrox G400 video card which was installed several years ago. I
    don't know for sure what MMC software is. Would I still have it if I
    do
    not have the ATI card?
    best, Aaron

    , May 2, 2006
  4. William Guest

    Re: AVerTV GO 007 FM plus tv card

    Aron:

    Why did you post on ATI's newsgroup if you don't have an ATI card? Just
    wondering. MMC = Multi Media Center, software that comes with ATI cards for
    use with them.

    OK

    Your symptoms are the same that I had on my AVerMedia. Therefore I will
    assume (you know what that stands for) that you are fighting the same
    problem. I had two software programs that wanted to use the same 'data
    address ports' in memory from the video card driver. The last one installed
    got to use the information and lock out the other. After killing one
    program, the other came alive. Also, AVerMedia came out with new drivers to
    correct this problem with its hardware/software package.

    SO:

    I believe you have a driver conflict problem. I don't know what it is if
    you are not using ATI.

    I suggest you go to AVerMedia and download all new drivers for your TV card,
    and perhaps the other hardware in your computer just for kicks. Many
    problems might get fixed.

    William

    William, May 2, 2006
  5. Guest

    Re: AVerTV GO 007 FM plus tv card

    MEA CULPA. after reading your post, I saw the "ati" after "videocards"
    on the newsgroup name. Thank's again for your new suggestions! will
    try. best, Aaron

    William wrote:
    > Aron:
    >
    > Why did you post on ATI's newsgroup if you don't have an ATI card? Just
    > wondering. MMC = Multi Media Center, software that comes with ATI cards for
    > use with them.
    >
    > OK
    >
    > Your symptoms are the same that I had on my AVerMedia. Therefore I will
    > assume (you know what that stands for) that you are fighting the same
    > problem. I had two software programs that wanted to use the same 'data
    > address ports' in memory from the video card driver. The last one installed
    > got to use the information and lock out the other. After killing one
    > program, the other came alive. Also, AVerMedia came out with new drivers to
    > correct this problem with its hardware/software package.
    >
    > SO:
    >
    > I believe you have a driver conflict problem. I don't know what it is if
    > you are not using ATI.
    >
    > I suggest you go to AVerMedia and download all new drivers for your TV card,
    > and perhaps the other hardware in your computer just for kicks. Many
    > problems might get fixed.
    >
    > William
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > > Hi William: thank's for your post. I don''t know for sure if our
    > > situations are the same. I do not have an ATI card. What I do have is
    > > the Matrox G400 video card which was installed several years ago. I
    > > don't know for sure what MMC software is. Would I still have it if I
    > > do
    > > not have the ATI card?
    > > best, Aaron

    , May 2, 2006
  6. Guest

    Re: AVerTV GO 007 FM plus tv card

    Dear William & all others who might be reading this. PROBLEM SOLVED by
    the Brute Force method. After struggling for several days, making
    numerous calls to AVerMedia tech support people, I gave up, threw in
    the towell, & returned the card to the vendor for a complete refund. I
    then went to CompUSA & purchased the Hauppage WinTV GO-Plus
    #1033 card for $49.99 ($10 more than AverMedia).

    It installed immediately & booted up quickly without problem. One
    immediate difference I noticed with the Hauppage card was that it
    instructs to connect the suppllied cable between the Hauppage card and
    the installed sound card. By doing so, I presume this prevents
    hardware conflicts between the two cards.

    Needless to say the extra $10 was well spent. I therefore recommend
    the Hauppage card.

    best, Aaron

    , May 3, 2006
  7. T Shadow Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Dear William & all others who might be reading this. PROBLEM SOLVED by
    > the Brute Force method. After struggling for several days, making
    > numerous calls to AVerMedia tech support people, I gave up, threw in
    > the towell, & returned the card to the vendor for a complete refund. I
    > then went to CompUSA & purchased the Hauppage WinTV GO-Plus
    > #1033 card for $49.99 ($10 more than AverMedia).
    >
    > It installed immediately & booted up quickly without problem. One
    > immediate difference I noticed with the Hauppage card was that it
    > instructs to connect the suppllied cable between the Hauppage card and
    > the installed sound card. By doing so, I presume this prevents
    > hardware conflicts between the two cards.
    >
    > Needless to say the extra $10 was well spent. I therefore recommend
    > the Hauppage card.
    >
    > best, Aaron

    That would be your sound connection, nothing more. Adjusting that slider in
    the sound mixer, that corresponds to the connection you made on the sound
    card(line-in/Aux), will adjust the TV volume. You'll want set record to that
    connection too when capturing from the TV card.
    Good Luck.

    T Shadow, May 5, 2006
  8. escape-e

    Joined: