    It repeats the same process again and again.

    Anyone know what is going on?

    Mel

    MB_, Oct 27, 2005

  2. MB_

    Kevin Guest

    Do you have the email scanner activated? This could be the cause of your
    issue.

    Kevin, Oct 27, 2005

  3. MB_

    MB_ Guest

    Yes, it is activated and always has been. This is a recent problem, however.

    MB

    MB_, Oct 27, 2005
  4. MB_

    joe_tide Guest

    Same thing here on my main machine.

    On my wifes computer, she couldn't receive any email. AVG was the problem so
    I uninstalled it and her email downloaded. I switched anti-virus on that
    machine.

    All the other computers seem OK (or I don't use them enough to notice).

    joe_tide, Oct 28, 2005
  5. MB_

    Colin Wilson Guest

    I use AVG FREE av s-ware.
    Avast is another free one, very easy to use (install and forget),
    updates itself without hitch, and its detection rate is better than AVG.

    Colin Wilson, Oct 28, 2005
  6. MB_

    Steve W. Guest

    You have to set up the Email scanner in AVG or it will block mail from
    downloading. It is under the settings for the connection type and the
    client type. If it is set for LAN (default) and your on dial-up it will
    not download.

    --
    Steve

    of your

    Steve W., Oct 28, 2005
  7. MB_

    Paul Guest

    I use AVG FREE av s-ware.
    Agreed. I just switched my PCs from AVG Free to Avast. Avast is loaded
    with options and has a very professional feel to it (in fact much better
    than Norton, IMO) AVG's GUI is very primitive and doesn't lend a lot of
    confidence to whether or not it's actually deleting the viruses it finds.

    Paul, Oct 31, 2005