    Is there some issue with the fact that the dongle expects 5 volts from
    the target, but the Butterfly only takes up to 4.5 volts external power?

    Thanks for any advice

    Mark Andrew, May 29, 2004

  2. JTag ISP dongle can only program the chip, not debugging.

    I can hardly believe it is that simple.
    Jtag ICE (In Circuit Emulator) can debug the target.
    I use two diodes to drop 5V to 3.6V to power the butterfly. The
    on-board battery is 3.6V, not 4.5V.

    Edward Lee epl, May 30, 2004

  3. Mark Andrew

    Mark Andrew Guest

    Are we talking about the same thing? According to ...
    http://www.olimex.com/dev/avr-jtag.html
    .... it can do everything

    Mark Andrew, May 30, 2004