    (there's a special key press combination in the source code that runs a
    test on all functions of the board) ,and the same thing happens. I'm
    just not able to talk to the flash. Any suggestions would be great!

    walter.gordy, Apr 30, 2006

  2. walter.gordy

    Donald Guest

    Would love to help you.

    But, what have you done so far, what do you really want to do,
    what language are you using, what programmer are you using,
    whos code are you using, are you using your own code ??

    Would love to help you.

    Donald, Apr 30, 2006

  3. walter.gordy

    walter.gordy Guest

    Awesome! Well ok, I'm using ICC 7. I'm coding in C. I have the cheap
    avr programming from atmel. I usually write my own code but I'm
    focusing on just getting the demo code to work (this ships with ICC7).
    What concerned me about the dataflash not working was a document I saw
    showing 2.7v operation only. I'm running at 3.3 but I assume that the
    butterfly was designed to run everything off the coin battery it
    shipped with. I'm able to use the eeprom in the atmega169v with no
    problems. I have also been successful talking to other spi devices. If
    you need I can post the demo code source I'm working with. I've also
    been looking at the application notes from atmel in using their
    dataflash and I'm not able to see what I'm doing wrong.
    http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/app_notes.asp?family_id=607

    Thanks a lot

    walter.gordy, May 1, 2006
  4. walter.gordy

    Donald Guest

    When asking a question, please make it into the form of a question.

    Which app note are you talking about ??

    Please post just the code involved with the dataflash.

    Do you have a scope ??

    When you say "other spi devices work" what devices were they ?

    You know, but the time you read this and email back and forth, this
    problem could be solved by now. If you would consider what you expect
    from the people in this news group.

    Keep plugging away, you'll get it.

    donald

    Donald, May 1, 2006
  5. walter.gordy

    walter.gordy Guest

    Well the fixed turned out not to be a software problem. I added a 1k
    pullup resistor to PB0 and it started working. I'm kinda glad because
    there are close to 600 lines of code just to do some simple stuff with
    the flash. Thanks

    walter.gordy, May 1, 2006