    power button. That's fine, but I want to awake it w/a keyboard press. There
    is no option in control panel to do this. Can it be done in the bios w/out
    messing up ACPI generally?

    John Smith, Jan 1, 2006

  2. John Smith

    Paul Guest

    Check that the KBPWR header in the upper left corner of the
    motherboard, is set to +5VSB. The factory default is set to
    +5V, and the +5VSB option is needed so that the keyboard
    gets power while the computer is sleeping.

    Once you do that, remember to always turn off and unplug the
    computer, before plugging or unplugging the PS/2 keyboard.
    A keyboard connector is not designed for hot-plugging, and
    when using +5VSB, there is power on the PS/2 keyboard and
    mouse connectors when the computer sleeps. Unplugging the
    computer is a good way to guarantee there is no power on
    that connector.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jan 1, 2006