    Please help.

    Thanks in advance

    Tony

    Tonymak, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Are you sure you've jumpered the drive correctly? Many drives have a 2GB
    clip function which is a compatibility mode needed by a few very old
    controllers. Check and make 100% sure that the jumper configuration is
    correct, as this is the most likely cause of your problem.
    That doesn't help us to help you as it's not the build number of the BIOS
    (every Abit motherboard from the last six years or so says that at the top
    of the screen).

    If it's an Abit board you're talking about, the number you need to give us
    is the last two digits of the long string of characters at the bottom of the
    POST screen. Telling us what model of motherboard you're talking about would
    also be handy.

    Alternatively you could always nip on Abit's website and see if a BIOS
    update is available...
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom