    How big hdd can i use with this motherboard. I got one 20gb and one 80gb and
    thinking of getting a new, as big as possible?

    // JJL

    JJL, Feb 20, 2004

  2. JJL

    Chris Guest

    According to their website 137GB is the max. Here is the page:

    http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/AX34Pro.htm

    Remember that you can go over this with the use the a PCI IDE card. Those
    are available at www.promise.com

    Chris

    Chris, Feb 25, 2004

  3. JJL

    JJL Guest

    Ok thanks, but does this mean i can have several 120 GB HDD's or is it the
    absolute max with all hdd's?

    // JJL

    JJL, Feb 26, 2004
  4. JJL

    Chris Guest

    You can have up to 4 of them without a PCI card installed. This would leave
    you without a CDROM drive though. If you want the maximum storage space
    possible without a PCI card, then use three 120GB drives plus a CDROM/CDRW
    or whatever type optical drive you use. Each drive can be up to 137GB.

    Chris

    Chris, Feb 27, 2004
  5. JJL

    JJL Guest