AX59Pro (BIOS R2.36) - Wireless PCI Card compatibility

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by J. van der Knaap, May 3, 2005.

  1. Concerns: Need to know which wireless PCI card to get for AOpen AX59Pro

    I've encountered the same snag as these good folks, however before I go
    back to the shop and ask for a different brand/model WLAN NIC I would
    like to know which cards do work with an Aopen AX59Pro mainboard.

    http://club.aopen.com.tw/forum/viewmessage.asp?forumID=17&MessageID=61088
    http://club.aopen.com.tw/forum/viewmessage.asp?forumID=17&MessageID=60312
    http://club.aopen.com.tw/forum/viewmessage.asp?forumID=17&MessageID=53957

    I realise there's a mention in the FAQ about an AX59Pro PCI
    incompatibility issue: http://tinyurl.com/bjwpp
    But that is not relevant to this problem.

    Perhaps it would serve a purpose if there was a list of compatible and
    non-compatible NICs?

    Just to start things off:

    Incompatible:
    E-Tech WGPI03 (54Mbps)

    Compatible:
    Some Belkin card (Mr. Andrew Scorah, I would appreciate model!)

    J. van der Knaap, May 3, 2005