    Garbage or something can be done??

    Merci for your time!!

    "OO"

    OO, Jul 16, 2003

  2. OO

    OO Guest

    where is the CMOS jumper on this board?? Good idea..... ;))

    "OO"?

    OO, Jul 16, 2003

  3. OO

    Dave Guest

    You should try clearing the cmos.
    Dave

    Dave, Jul 16, 2003
  4. OO

    HH Guest

    HH, Jul 16, 2003
  5. OO

    OO Guest

    CMOS tweak maked nothing more.... Nothing happenned...

    Could it be a faulty Video card?? Can a buggy VC make the HD not to boot??

    Any other trick I can try??

    Merci again for your time.....

    "Oo"

    OO, Jul 16, 2003
  6. OO

    c Guest

    If you get to the point where nothing else has worked, you can try making a
    disk to automatically flash your BIOS in case it got corrupted. Go to this
    website:
    http://www.wimsbios.com/index.htm?/HTML1/faq.html

    and click the link that says "How can you recover a corrupt BIOS" . This
    will show you how to make a floppy that will automatically flash the BIOS
    when you turn the power on. It is a good sign that the floppy drive lights
    up. That means that more than likely the boot block sector of the BIOS is
    still intact. I have recovered several boards using this method.

    Chris

    c, Jul 16, 2003
  7. OO

    Dave Guest

    OO, back up a bit. How did this all come down? You said your Bro's pc
    stopped working? So then you replaced the power supply? Did anything
    change? How about a better discription than "stopped working"? Is this
    power supply good? Have you tried it in another pc? Are you getting any
    beeps? Anything on the monitor at all, such as a bios screen? If not,
    disconnect all drives and expansion cards (except for vga) to try to get a
    bios screen. A bad video card will usually give beeps of one long and two
    or three short.

    Dave

    Dave, Jul 17, 2003
  8. OO

    OO Guest

    merci for the link C!! I will try it for sure.. as a pc nut myself (like
    you), we will get it to work if its possible..... Options are now
    narrowing....

    Merci again for your time!!

    "OO"

    OO, Jul 17, 2003
  9. OO

    OO Guest

    in the link, it says: "Award: The boot-block BIOS will execute an
    AUTOEXEC.BAT file on a bootable diskette. Copy an Award flasher & the
    correct BIOS *.bin file on the floppy and execute it automaticly by putting
    awdflash *.bin in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file."
    Where is this autoexec.bat file?? Oo??
    I copied the award flasher + the biso on a diskette using the usual
    procedure but where is that .bat file??

    Merci!

    "OO"

    OO, Jul 17, 2003
  10. OO

    OO Guest

    sorry but I guess its the Award bios they wanted (and not the ax63pro bios)
    so how can I figure which award bios is the right one for the AX63pro??

    Hum.....

    /OO/

    OO, Jul 17, 2003
  11. OO

    c Guest

    c, Jul 17, 2003
  12. OO

    c Guest

    Nope, you still use the AX63 pro bios and the award flash program.

    Chris

    c, Jul 17, 2003
  13. OO

    OO Guest

    Ok Bingo!! I'll do it.......
    your progz worked ok now, I have an autoexec.bat file on the floppy. To edit
    it, do I have to open the Edit txt file and add the line there, on the first
    line??
    "oo"
    (merci!)

    OO, Jul 17, 2003
  14. OO

    c Guest

    Close. Add the line after the last line in the file. It may work either way,
    but I always put it at the end.

    Chris

    c, Jul 17, 2003
  15. OO

    c Guest

    If the BIOS boot block is still intact you CAN flash the bios just like I
    said. I have done it several times. I agree if something burnt it isn't
    going to fix anything, but if the floppy light comes on when he tries to
    boot the PC and nothing is physically damaged, he may be able to save the
    board by doing this. You don't need a bios screen to do it, the computer
    will run the autoexec.bat file IF the bootblock is still present on the bios
    chip and IF the board was not damaged. Read this link:

    http://www.wimsbios.com/index.htm?/HTML1/faq.html

    There is a procedure to do this and that is what I informed him he should
    try if nothing else worked. The boot block of the BIOS chip does not get
    overwritten during a flash. It is on a non-writable segment of the chip so
    it may still be intact, and as long as the board isn't damaged, this may
    just save his board.

    Chris

    c, Jul 17, 2003
  16. OO

    OO Guest

    Ok!! Monsieur C, I follwed your tweaks and nothing happenned!! No sound, no
    boot, nothing.;((
    For Monsieur Dave, I forgot to mention that I also changed his cpu (500
    slot1) for my old p-2-350 and it was the same. Fan was working but no
    more.......

    So my question is now, except if another tweak is possible; should I take
    the MS to a pc shop and maked it scanned or just find a P3 MB and make a new
    pc with my old p3-700 waiting here...??

    Merci again for your time, pc nuts!!

    "OO"

    OO, Jul 18, 2003
  17. OO

    OO Guest

    Ok, I will try again.... and wait.;)

    My autoexec.bat looks like this now:
    @echo off
    cls
    Awdflash.exe Ax63p132.bin/py/sn/f/cc/r

    -Is the space between .exe and Ax63... ok??
    -Should I try the Ax63p132.exe in the place of the Awdflash.exe program??

    Merci!!

    "OO"

    OO, Jul 18, 2003
  18. OO

    c Guest

    The line should read:
    Awdflash.exe Ax63p132.bin /py /sn /f /cc /r

    I'm not sure if you need the spaces between the switches, but I always put
    them there. that's how all of the websites I have seen show it.
    Ax63p132.exe wont work

    Chris

    c, Jul 18, 2003
  19. OO

    c Guest

    Yeah it sounds like something burnt in the board. Might be time to put it to
    rest.

    Chris

    c, Jul 18, 2003