    Does it also support the Celeron FCPGA 2 with a special converter slotket?

    TIA

    Asante

    Nerws voor Kwabena, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Nerws voor Kwabena

    JK Guest

    I have checked it with cbrom program: no the bios does not contain cpu
    micro codes for 06B0 to 06B4 (tualatins).

    It is possible to take the cpucode.bin from the biosfile for mx3st and
    put in in your newest beta bios file instead.

    Martin bios mod guide could explain how:
    http://www.froggy.com.au/frogge/pepper/bmreport1.html

    but it does not seem to be on now.

    The cpucodes are used for errata only. I am not so sure, that you have
    to care about it.
    This site
    http://www.upgradeware.com/english/product/slott/compatibility.htm

    states that slot-T is compatible with ax6b.
    Multiplier setting on your motherboard is unimportant and will be
    overruled, since the cpu is multiplier locked. So not able to set a
    multiplier of 13x or 14x does not have any importance.

    Just check the speed with cpu-id or cpu-z.
    The motherboard might post with a wrong speed indication during boot,
    but this is not important, being only cosmetic. Check the real speed:
    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

    So the beta might regard hard disk limit and pci controller booting,
    acpi, usb and thing like that.

    best regards

    John

    JK, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Hi,

    Thanks a lot for your input John.
    Indeed the site is not up right now.
    My AX6B is in the box now........but I am still gonna use it in another
    system and I will probably flash it.
    Have been running it with a PIII Cu 700 with a A-Open slotket.
    Wanna give it a try with a Celeron 1300. have one already running in a
    Tualatin board: AX34U...........
    Will take your advises in consideration.

    Thanks,

    Asante

    News for Kwabena, Nov 10, 2003
  4. Nerws voor Kwabena