AX6B Plus won't boot with SMC2802W PCI card added

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Eric van Wijk, Oct 18, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I have had some problems recently with new PCI cards when I add them to my
    Aopen AXBP Plus mobo. The system won't boot with tha PCI card inserted.

    I have had this with 2 Wireless network cards:
    Linksys WMP54G
    SMS SMC2802W

    I have read something about voltages (3.3 instead of 5), but have yet to
    encounter a work around.

    The closest I've been is on the AOpen support site. There is one article
    that mentiones blocking pin A14 (whatever that is) to get around the issue.
    Very annoying is that the image describing this feat is broken:
    http://www.aopen.com/tech/faq/images/A14_pin.jpg

    Can anybody help me?

    Thx in Adv.

    Eric