    I've got an ATA/66 hard drive, and an ATA/66 cable, but the computer shows
    the drive is running in UDMA/33 mode still.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Steve James, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Steve James

    c Guest

    The board only has an ATA33 controller built in to it. The only way to get
    faster is to use an IDE controller card.

    www.promise.com

    Chris

    c, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Steve James

    Carbon Guest

    You have to use a pci controller card because the onboard controller only
    supports ata33. I'm using the Promise Ultra100 and it works fine. It was
    pretty cheap, $24 at directron (http://www.directron.com/ultra100.html)

    To boot off it you have to go into the motherboard bios and change the
    boot order so SCSI (e.g. boot off pci controller) is first. That is after
    you install the drivers, if you're using Windows...

    Carbon, Nov 22, 2003