    installation? Anything else I should be aware of before ordering the part?

    Thanks in advance.
    Rod

    cc0039171, May 31, 2005

  2. cc0039171

    Carbon Guest

    I upgraded mine a year or two ago using a retail cpu+fan. It was a
    straightforward install and it made a huge difference in performance.

    Around the same time I picked up a pci ata100 hard drive controller
    (http://www.directron.com/ultra100.html) and a new hard drive.

    I suppose a brand new machine would be a lot faster, but this one runs
    fine and is solid as a rock.

    Carbon, Jun 5, 2005