    is one.

    Anyone know for sure?

    Thanks

    Steve James, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Steve James

    JK Guest

    Yes, I have run 1300 MHz on ax6bc.

    The multiplier can in bios be adjusted to 9x. The celeron 766 runs
    11.5 x 66,6.

    But it actually dows not matter how the multiplier is set. It is
    ignored during boot, since the cpu is multiplier locked by factory.

    This is common to all Intel cpu.

    For this celeron you just need a slot1-s370 fcpga adapter (not just
    ppga). There is no need to buy an expensive powerleap adapter with
    integrated voltage regulator on the board. Your ax6bc can deliver down
    to 1.5 volt, suitable for a tualatin. But the celeron 766 needs about
    1.65 volt. This should be set by jumper on the slocket adapter.

    These slockets are hard to find.

    Your best buy is a slot-T adapter from www.upgradeware.com
    The site specifies where to buy. The dutch reseller has some cheaper
    slockets for just fcpga, per example from AOpen.

    The slot-T adapter takes any cpu that is fcpga (coppermine) or fcpga2
    (tualatin). But not ppga (going up to 533 MHz).

    The tualatins 1200, 1300 and 1400 MHz are very cheap. I will recommend
    to be modest and choose the 1200, since the power transistors on the
    motherboard (for current delivery) gets very hot above 1300 MHz.

    Of course a bios update is required. Maybe also for booting the 766
    MHz celeron.

    ftp://ftp.aopen.com/pub/bios/

    It is pity to run with fsb 66 MHz, as the 766 cpu does. Slow ram speed
    slows.

    You need 100 MHz ram or faster to go with fsb100.

    If you go with fsb133, your graphics card is overclocked by 33 %. This
    is due to the fact that BX chipset has just an agp divider of 2/3, and
    a divider of 1/2 is wanted. Some graphics card can take it well, per
    example voodoo3 or newer, many geforce2 and newer, and some better
    radeons.

    best regards

    John

    JK, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Steve James

    extractor Guest

    Go with the slot-T adapter from upgradeware.com and buy a Tualtin
    1300. Both you can get for dirt cheap, and will be more stable than
    an overlclocked processor running over the 100 Mhz spec.

    exx

    extractor, Oct 2, 2003
  4. Steve James

    Steve James Guest

    Thanks for the info John.

    The Slot-T from www.upgradeware.com sounds like a good option, so I'm going
    to order one of those.

    For now I'll be happy just to get it working with the Celeron 766, since I
    just have that chip sitting here, and I know I can overclock it quite easily
    anyway.

    It's also good to hear I shouldn't have any problem with the Voodoo3.

    This is just a secondary backup system, so it doesn't need to be a speed
    demon :)

    Steve James, Oct 3, 2003
  5. Steve James

    pcguy65 Guest