    I have a couple of wav's of the noise but I don't know what the policy on
    posting binaries is for this group. If someone tells me whether it's ok or
    not I'll post them. Rar'ed they're about 350k.

    Matt K, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Matt K

    MattK Guest

    There is nothing wrong with how the cpu is installed.

    MattK, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Matt K

    Skier Guest

    Capacitors in camera flashes make a squealing noise when charging. I expect
    it is from one of the larger Capacitors that are found around the CPU. Not
    100% sure, but I know that capacitors can squeal.

    Tom

    Skier, Jul 19, 2003
  4. Matt K

    Greg Guest

    Just a guess but the power regulators onboard the motherboard are a switch
    mode style and I suspect what you are hearing are the wire wound inductor
    cores whining when they are being loaded up by the cpu. Overclocking would
    probably make the noise worse as the cpu would load the power supply even
    more.

    Gp

    Greg, Jul 19, 2003
  5. Matt K