AX6BC / Win98 / USB weirdness

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by jojax14, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. jojax14

    jojax14 Guest

    Hi all,

    I have an old system with an AX6BC motherboard, running Windows98.

    I have just upgraded my printer, so I have gone from a parallel port
    model to a USB model. The printer installed fine, but then the PC
    could not find it until the next power-on. After unplugging and
    replugging, the printer was recognised and I could print. This
    happens on every boot - the printer will not be recognised unless I
    plug it in during system operation.

    I also have a USB scanner. It used to do the same thing, but I
    swapped it to the other USB port and the problem went away.

    Therefore I think I have got a problem with one of the USB ports (it
    is the upper usb port).

    Is this a common/known problem with the board? If so, what can I do
    to fix it?

    Thanks in advance,

    Jojax14

    jojax14, Jan 5, 2005

  2. jojax14

    gdp Guest

    What BIOS is your motherboard using? I would load version 2.57 or later
    if you already haven't. Some of the BIOS fixes have been USB related.

    gdp, Jan 5, 2005