AX8 legacy PCI speeds (previous posting was poorly worded)

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Iain le Duc, Dec 2, 2005.

  1. Iain le Duc

    Iain le Duc Guest

    Can anyone tell me please what speeds and data width are supported by the
    legacy/standard PCI of the "Abit AX8 Skt-939 PCIEx16 integrated
    Sound/GLAN/Firewire" m/board?

    The BIOS allows the legacy/standard PCI speed to be adjusted but the
    manual does not say within what range. If anyone who owns an AX8 could
    look for me and let me know I would be very grateful.

    The background to this question is: I am looking for a m/board with PCI-X
    (or at least fast PCI) to support an Adaptec 29320-R SCSI controller (or
    even a 29160 card that I have). My supplier listed the "Abit AX8 Skt-939
    PCIEx16 integrated Sound/GLAN/Firewire" as meeting my needs but I can find
    no statement on the Abit site or in the manual that I downloaded of what
    speeds the legacy PCI bus slots support or what data-width (32 or 64 bit).
    Or, as a corollary, are there any other Abit m/boards in production (or
    only recently
    stopped) that support 133MHz PCI-X (64 bit)?

    Many thanks,
    Iain.

    Iain le Duc, Dec 2, 2005