    what is inside. Any interest in either the whole system or parts?
    Assuming that it actually works, of course. Will probably try to power
    it up early in the week... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 10, 2010

  2. Hi Ben

    Details. CPU. Mem. Works. Pic.

    Any news about the other item we discussed a couple of months ago?

    ( Hint: ATX )

    bob

    Robert E. Watts, Jul 11, 2010

  3. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    Powered it up yesterday and peeked inside. 66MHz 486-DX2, 20MB (!!!) of
    memory, full-length PB sound card, probably a proprietary CD-ROM drive,
    420MB IDE disk drive, floppy drive. Case pretty clean, but I may have
    to work a bit to remove some discoloration. No dents or dings in the
    case. Motherboard identifies self as some sort of PB450, and complains
    that it needs a new CMOS battery.

    I still have low-profile AGP cards set aside. The last few weeks have
    been pretty intense, as I have a server project moving along, the usual
    din of broken and virus-laden laptops and desktops to work on, and my
    stock of most Dell and IBM laptops to sell off in parts... Ben

    Ben Myers, Jul 11, 2010
  4. Hi Ben !

    Forgot to ask, what case ? Tower or desktop ?

    They ALL complain about the battery. :)

    And I was referring to the PB ATX thingy I recently found, and you mentioned
    that you might know of another one. Been wondering if that would ever be
    available. I need to find another to bring "up to date" with modern innards.
    :)

    bob

    Robert E. Watts, Jul 11, 2010
  5. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    The Axcel 46CD is a desktop case.

    The PB ATX system is currently in use at a somewhat destitute public
    library, and they come up with money now and again for me to do minimal
    work to keep computers running. I will prod them to take it out of
    service, replaced by anything more modern... Ben

    Ben Myers, Jul 12, 2010
  6. Hi Ben !

    I wonder if it would help if I sent over a PIII machine to replace the PB ?
    Maybe something even better.

    :)

    bob

    Robert E. Watts, Jul 18, 2010
  7. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    The library in question remains as destitute as ever. They have not
    paid the very modest bill I sent for parts and labor and time spent
    training their part-time in-house computer person.

    I have a low-end P4 system I would donate in return for the PB ATX
    system, but I'll be darned if I will spend another minute doing anything
    for them until they pay up.

    In the meantime, I have not taken photos of the PB 486 desktop system.
    I have some other computer photo work to do soon, so maybe I'll line it
    up for a photo when the sun shines on it just so... Ben

    Ben Myers, Jul 19, 2010
  8. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    This wonderful and perfectly working Axcel 46CD has been sitting here
    for over a month with no takers. Price is highly negotiable + exact
    cost of shipping to you. If nobody wants it by next Wednesday, Aug 25,
    it gets torn down for scrap. I need the space here.

    Photos available on request... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Aug 18, 2010
  10. Hi Ben !

    Hate to see it go to the scrapyard Ben. Sure you can't find a hole for it
    somewhere ? I would pick it up if it was at a yard sale for $5 or $10, but
    with a collection of about 30 PB's, and various other items, I have to draw
    the line somewhere. Shipping is always the big issue with collecting. It
    adds up after a while, and I tend to look at the "bottom line" when it comes
    to collecting the "usual", as opposed to the "unusual". ( If that was a
    Corner Computer, I would have jumped on it the instant your message hit the
    ng. :)

    Find a spot for it Ben. It will certainly be a "collectors item" in about
    200 years. 8=}

    Keep us posted when stuff comes along Ben, I appreciate it !

    bob

    Robert E. Watts, Aug 19, 2010
  11. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    Sounds like it's last call already for the Axcel 46CD. I am still
    trying to pry the PB ATX tower loose from a local impoverished library.
    Maybe I can get another library to donate a replacement that I am
    replacing with a new-build low-power system built around the latest
    Intel dual-core Atom ITX motherboard... Ben

    Ben Myers, Aug 19, 2010
  12. Hi Ben !

    There will be no hesitation if you round up a PB ATX motherboard in the Art
    Deco case. I only have the one, have only ever seen this one, and would like
    to find another to start a "project". :=)

    Keep me posted.

    bob

    Robert E. Watts, Aug 19, 2010