    been wrong. Acer service just tells me to go some shop and have the backup
    battery replaced. Shops tell me, they would send the laptop to Acer service.
    What should I do ? Can I replace it by myself ?

    CaseOfEmergency, Mar 20, 2010

  2. CaseOfEmergency

    Han Guest

    On most machines you can set the clock time and date. That doesn't hold
    for your machine?

    I replaced the cpu in my Acer 3680. If I can do that, you should be able
    to replace the battery, if it is a separate thing, rather than incorporated
    into something else like the BIOS hardware. Did you google for a
    repair/user manual for your machine? (I couldn't find one easily).

    Most often, I thought, the CMOS battery is a flat round thing, about the
    size of a US quarter. But then it may be different for your machine.

    Han, Mar 21, 2010