    I have a nfs-s v2 mb with raid setup, Before I used goback to backup my HD
    but since sata I can`t see any backup program that will suport it.

    any ideas ???

    flagg, Dec 12, 2003

  2. flagg

    Chip Guest

    www.acronis.com

    Chip

    Chip, Dec 12, 2003

  3. I use Retrospect 6.5 from Dantz at http://www.dantz.com/. This is a full
    function backup package and it works on my RAID 0 SATA just as any other
    more normal drive.

    Mike Bernstein, Dec 12, 2003
  4. flagg

    VIC Guest

    Acronis True Image works for me.

    VIC, Dec 12, 2003
  5. flagg

    TomG Guest

    I have had bad results with Acronis when it comes to the boot utility to do
    an emergency restore... it has always locked on my system in the past but I
    have not tried it lately...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 120,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Dec 13, 2003
  6. Tom,

    I looked into Acronis and it sounds like you have some experience with
    it. I have used Ghost in the past, but am annoyed that I cannot schedule an
    image of the system disk as it appears one can do with Acronis. Have you
    ever attempted to restore a system image with Acronis? This works great with
    Ghost, but I am a bit leery of Acronis since it makes this system image
    without having to boot to DOS.

    Dave

    David Shorthouse, Dec 17, 2003
  7. flagg

    TomG Guest

    it was the emergency boot utility that did not work at the time. however, I
    had a Highpoint controller in there at the time and was not using the SATA
    as the boot device. the utility would lock and I would have to hit reset to
    recover.

    in all fairness, since I removed the Highpoint and built a SATA raid on the
    Intel controller, I have not tried it again. I have been using Drive Image
    7 since then which works fine. The difference is that Drive Image uses a
    volume shadow copy approach which some purists say is not as good as booting
    into a different OS where all of the XP files are closed and not in use.
    However, I have had to do restores under emergency situations and have not
    had any problems. I'll have to try the Acronis product again, though.

    TomG, Dec 17, 2003