    adeequate for my system. memory is running okay too.

    I don't have another AGP card to test at the moment but now wondering if I
    need to just get a new MB.

    David Miller, Sep 8, 2005

  2. David  Miller

    First of One Guest

    Check and make sure the video card's heat sink is attached properly and that
    the fan is spinning at a decent speed...

    First of One, Sep 8, 2005

  3. David  Miller

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'David Miller' wrote, in part:
    | I've been having a few issues with my system which are now well, worse.
    _____

    Some useful diagnostic information would be
    CPU
    motherboard
    video card
    temperatures (CPU, motherboard [system temperature], room ambient
    power supply voltages
    system power requirements vs power supply rated output
    operating systems
    what games (do they require a lot of processing (CPU and GPU) power

    Of course, if you gather this information, you might be able to answer your
    own question, rather than asking for guesses.

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Sep 8, 2005
  4. David  Miller

    David Miller Guest

    Athlon XP 3000+
    Biostar Nforce2 400
    GeForce FX5700LE
    System temps were in the normal range for my system, Also tried running with
    the side open
    400 watt PS
    Windows XP Pro
    1gb DDR SDRAM

    The game I was having troubles with was World of Warcraft, but like I said,
    the problems are now before I even get to windows before the system is even
    under a full load. The bios screens are all just a full page of character
    gibberish.

    David Miller, Sep 8, 2005
  5. David  Miller

    BigJIm Guest

    sounds like the card has gone bad
    if your are getting little squares different colors
    and asci code and the screen most likely the card.

    BigJIm, Sep 8, 2005
  6. David  Miller

    Charlie Guest

    Same symptoms here with my 60 day old 6600GT. Newegg is sending me a new
    card.

    --

    Charlie

    Charlie, Sep 8, 2005
  7. David  Miller

    farmuse Guest

    if the BIOS screen is bad then it most likely is the card, but could
    also be the motherboard. try another card to confirm.

    farmuse, Sep 8, 2005