    rpl Guest

    will Abit replace the bad capacitors on VP6 MB ?
    if so, does anyone have contact info? thanks

    rpl, Oct 6, 2004

  2. rpl

    William Park Guest

    I doubt it. VP6 has been out of production for long long time.

    William Park, Oct 7, 2004

  3. rpl

    John Lewis Guest

    No, but Homie will. Have not seen him much on the
    newsgroup these days. Must be tending his sheep.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Oct 7, 2004
  4. rpl

    Spajky Guest

    maybe sending it to "Homie" to repair it; search Google groups for his
    address ...

    Spajky, Oct 7, 2004
  5. rpl

    Jef Norton Guest

    | will Abit replace the bad capacitors on VP6 MB ?
    | if so, does anyone have contact info? thanks

    Hi -

    Homie's website: http://www.motherboardrepair.com/ - contact information is
    available on the page.

    Regarding Abit standing behind their products with bad caps: I passed along
    an old KT7 motherboard to a family member that failed with bad caps. I
    still had the original paperwork documenting my purchase and, even though
    the board was long out of warranty, Abit repaired it free of charge.
    Turn-around was painfully slow.

    If you're in the United States, I understand that Abit may repair/replace
    boards with no paperwork for a $25.00 service charge. Have a look at the
    RMA page at http://www.abit-usa.com. But... be aware that you will likely
    not get the same board in return and, since the VP6 is a product well beyond
    the current product offerings, Abit may not be the best source of
    repair/replacement. Homie's service involves replacing all of the
    capacitors on the board that could possibly fail, his fees are reasonable,
    he stands behind his work and his turn-around is usually reasonably quick.

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Oct 7, 2004
  6. rpl

    TomG Guest

    --
    Homie and BigBadger repair boards and have many happy
    customers:

    Homie (AKA Capman), in the US, at:

    http://www.motherboardrepair.com/

    (look for posts from BigBadger if you're in the UK or try him at
    [email protected]***NO-SPAM***.com with the obvious
    spam protection removed...)

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Oct 7, 2004
  7. On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, "TomG" wrote:

    Hey TomGDude:

    Did you intend to put your entire message below the "-- " separator that
    ends the message and starts the .sig area that (at least some) mailers
    don't quote? Reply to your posting and you'll probably see that no text
    of yours gets included...

    ....just wondering if you intended not to be quoted since the subject
    touched on the CapMan...

    Brian GrammarNazi Brunner NettiquettePest extraordinary.

    Brian Brunner, Oct 7, 2004
  8. rpl

    0_Qed Guest

    We're oft =forced= to be some charitable with Sweet Loveable Old Buddy
    one "TomG".

    'He' does, "as" he does, with what he "has" .

    Pick on Jef( one 'f' ) if you must 'pick'.
    His is a case of =wanton= depravity ... a social anathama.
    His one_and_only redeeming social grace is that
    he doesnt pick his nose in 'public'.
    He frequently 'appears' in 'public' with an open "fly" ...
    as if "he" had something of which to be proud ... (naught).

    Have a nice day,
    the OED is your 'friend',
    Qed.

    0_Qed, Oct 8, 2004
  9. rpl

    Jef Norton Guest

    | Pick on Jef( one 'f' ) if you must 'pick'.
    | His is a case of =wanton= depravity ... a social anathama.
    | His one_and_only redeeming social grace is that
    | he doesnt pick his nose in 'public'.
    | He frequently 'appears' in 'public' with an open "fly" ...
    | as if "he" had something of which to be proud ... (naught).
    |
    | Have a nice day,
    | the OED is your 'friend',
    | Qed.

    Qed -

    You're one to talk...

    http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/anencephalic_qed.jpg

    But I still think your sister is ¡¡¡HOT!!! (she's the one on the left with
    the hairy arms, in case you haven't looked in a mirror in a while).

    Hugs!

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Oct 8, 2004
  10. rpl

    0_Qed Guest

    Nah.
    I'm an 'action' kinda guy, with equippage to accomodate.

    And you ... found your "place" in life yet ???
    Yahhhh, I agree.
    She's got the knuckle_dragger scars to prove it.

    XXOO
    Qed.

    0_Qed, Oct 8, 2004
  11. rpl

    Jef Norton Guest

    Jef Norton, Oct 8, 2004
  12. "John Lewis" wrote in message...
    Apparently he's discovered goats. Presumably the fact that they'll put just
    about anything in their mouths has unleashed a whole new world of sordid
    pleasure.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Oct 8, 2004
  13. Glad to see I'm not the only one who saw the irony in one of the Qeds
    getting involved in a "grammar police" thread. ;-)

    Richard Hopkins, Oct 8, 2004
  14. rpl

    Jef Norton Guest

    Richard Hopkins wrote:

    | Glad to see I'm not the only one who saw the irony in one of the Qeds
    | getting involved in a "grammar police" thread. ;-)
    | --

    The Qeds are beside themselves (literally falling over beside themselves) in
    their efforts to bring grammatical correctness to this group.

    BTW ... I found this nifty picture of Qed on his personal web page at
    NRA.ORG where we see the results of him shooting himself in the arm during
    the Grey Squirrel Rebellion:

    http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/rebellion.jpg

    ;-)

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Oct 8, 2004
  15. Jef Norton wrote...
    Surely that's Moby? ;-)

    Richard Hopkins, Oct 8, 2004
  16. rpl

    TomG Guest

    my post was nothing but a sig... and I see it in my news reader...

    TomG, Oct 8, 2004
  17. rpl

    TomG Guest

    aw, jeeze!

    TomG, Oct 8, 2004
  18. rpl

    Jef Norton Guest

    Richard Hopkins wrote:

    | Surely that's Moby? ;-)
    | --

    Spinning way off-topic (as usual)...

    From: A Lush Landscape of Vast Alienation:
    For "Self-Inflicted Burden," a 3-foot-tall self-portrait sculpture, [Tom]
    LaDuke shot himself in the arm. The sculpture, made from lifelike plastic
    resins, shows him wearing gray sweatpants and bedroom slippers; isolation in
    the artist's studio is crossed with an image of nocturnal solitude. His
    right arm hangs at his side, the hand clutching a Daisy pellet pistol, while
    a thin trickle of blood runs from the angry red hole just below the biceps
    in his upraised left arm (no exit wound is visible). The look on the
    artist's face, examining the lesion, appears partly puzzled and partly
    annoyed.

    I didn't read the article when I copied the picture. I don't get it, but it
    seemed "Qed" in it's presentation.

    I wonder if *he* has a sister... ;-)

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Oct 9, 2004
  19. rpl

    Jef Norton Guest

    But look what fun it started!

    It's been entirely too quiet in here lately.

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Oct 9, 2004
  20. rpl

    0_Qed Guest