    microcontroller. I've found temperature and humidity sensors, but haven't
    found anything to measure the barometric pressure. Anyone have any leads?

    --Doug

    Douglas Rhodes, Aug 16, 2003

  2. Douglas Rhodes

    Marc Ramsey Guest

    Motorola MPX4115A, fairly cheap (under $20US singles), easy to obtain (DigiKey
    and other large stocking distributors), temperature compensated, signal
    conditioned 0.2 - 4.8 volt output.

    Marc

    Marc Ramsey, Aug 16, 2003

  3. Douglas Rhodes

    Jim Korman Guest

    Jim Korman, Aug 16, 2003
  4. Meindert,

    Looks good. How can I order one? Do I need to use a distributor? I'm in the
    US.

    Thanks.

    --Doug

    Douglas Rhodes, Aug 17, 2003
  5. Jim,

    This looks good also.

    Thanks.

    --Doug

    Douglas Rhodes, Aug 17, 2003
  6. Douglas Rhodes

    Alan Holt Guest

    Alan Holt, Aug 17, 2003
  7. Douglas Rhodes

    Marc Ramsey Guest

    1 kPa = 0.29530 in. Hg

    Marc

    Marc Ramsey, Aug 22, 2003
  8. Douglas Rhodes

    Tauno Voipio Guest

    Marc,

    Looks good. Does anyone know how to convert kPa to in Hg?

    --Doug

    101.32 kPa = 29.95 in Hg

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio @ iki fi

    Tauno Voipio, Aug 22, 2003
  9. Douglas Rhodes

    CBFalconer Guest

    [1] c:\dnld\scratch>units
    2083 units, 71 prefixes, 32 nonlinear units

    You have: 1 kPa
    You want: inches Hg
    * 0.29529983
    / 3.3863886

    Please do not toppost.

    CBFalconer, Aug 22, 2003
  10. Douglas Rhodes

    Tauno Voipio Guest

    Sorry - did I? (blush!)

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio @ iki fi

    Tauno Voipio, Aug 22, 2003
  11. Douglas Rhodes

    Theron Hicks Guest

    With a long discussion going on sometimes it is easier to follow top or
    mid-posting. In the mean time, get a life.

    Theron Hicks, Aug 22, 2003
  12. Douglas Rhodes

    Robert Scott Guest

    No, please do toppost! This is a perfect example of when topposting
    is preferable. The point of the post was to ask a question, namely:
    This question does not need a context to be understood. Most people
    reading it will not need to page down to find out why the OP want's to
    know the conversion factor. If anything, the OP might have been
    better advised to trim more of the quoted text, but that is another
    issue. If the OP had followed your advice, fewer people would have
    read his question, and he would have had a lower chance of getting an
    answer.

    If you are going to dogmatically ask top-posters to bottom post,
    please pick better candidates - ones where topposting is confusing.
    You will notice that I am bottom posting here, not because I
    dogmatically believe in it, but because it seems to fit in this
    particular instance. I wouldn't have said anything, but the OP seemed
    so taken in by your high and mighty admonition that I just had to let
    him no that he did nothing bad.

    -Robert Scott
    Ypsilanti, Michigan
    (Reply through newsgroups, not by direct e-mail, as automatic reply address is fake.)

    Robert Scott, Aug 22, 2003
  13. Douglas Rhodes

    CBFalconer Guest

    *** top-posting fixed ***

    In addition to not top-posting, please snip material that is not
    germane to your reply.

    CBFalconer, Aug 23, 2003
  14. Please don't. Only microcephalic cretins top-post. Of course if that's how
    you want to present yourself, go ahead.
    Then it should be posted on its own. If you don't need any context, delete
    the previous post entirely.

    Geoff McCaughan, Aug 24, 2003