1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

Barrel plug-in adapter for AC-adapter

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by hizark21, Jul 8, 2009.

  1. hizark21

    hizark21 Guest

    Does anyone happen to know if there to go from the small plug-in
    barrel to the large one on a laptop AC adapter..?
    hizark21, Jul 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

  2. hizark21

    BillW50 Guest

    hizark21 typed on Tue, 7 Jul 2009 20:19:37 -0700 (PDT):
    Yes, they call them universal AC adapters. Otherwise you go to Radio
    Shack and buy one and cut off the old one and solder on the new one.
    Although you know all about polarity, voltage, and amperage, right? If
    you are guessing, then you might end up with an expensive door stop.
    BillW50, Jul 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.