    overlocked to barton 3200 speed, but from what i read not that much
    hotter but ?

    Thanks for any help.

    We Live for the One we Die for the One, Jun 14, 2004

    neopolaris Guest

    Surely this has been asked.

    neopolaris, Jun 14, 2004

    Larz50 Guest

    You might want to look into the mobile CPUs if you are
    worried about heat and noise.

    Larz50, Jun 14, 2004

    John Smith Guest

    If you can overcloc the 2500 to a 3200
    on the same voltage then it should run at the same temp
    as at the end of the day they are the same core
    I have found pumping up voltage results in a higher temp
    far more than bumping up the speed

    Smiffy

    John Smith, Jun 14, 2004

    rstlne Guest

    yea, He puts the question up about once a month..

    (see this spot in 30 days)

    rstlne, Jun 14, 2004

    rstlne Guest

    I guess this means that you "once again" have changed your mind about buying
    your new pc.
    At least your saying "you" and not "your pal"
    I know you like to post questions here, but why dont you actually read some
    of the otehr questions that other people post.

    rstlne, Jun 14, 2004

    Scumball Guest

    Yes, they're exactly the same as the desktop chips but with Powernow!
    enabled - so they're unlocked.
    They're Socket A compatible and outclock the desktop chips quite
    considerably.
    They're the chips from the wafer which consume least power .... hence their
    use in laptops, where heat dissipation is an issue.

    Scumball, Jun 14, 2004
    try WaterCooling.. =)

    Mateusz Szultka (SHELDON), Jun 14, 2004
  9. My Freind has the new system as well :)

    But all i have is the board at the momment, going to plonk some Low
    latency 2,3,3,3,5 ram of was that 2,2,2,2,5 ? Corsair anyway 1 gig of
    it TwiNX.

    So the only choice is the CPU Xp 2500 or 3200 ? 2500 is cheaper but
    dont want to stress my system even with alittle overclock so i think a
    3200 which i can get for 333 bucks in Australia :)

    Now to repace my Radeon 9600 pro with a 9800 pro, desisions, desisions
    :0

    Thanks.

    We Live for the One we Die for the One, Jun 14, 2004

    Ben Pope Guest

    Well if you don't want an overclocked CPU, then I'm guessing you can exclude
    the overclocked CPU from the list of two, leaving you with a list of one.
    Thats an obvious choice.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Jun 14, 2004
  11. Why did i not think of that ?, Ben your a smart chap :0

    We Live for the One we Die for the One, Jun 14, 2004
  12. Scumball wrote:
    [...]
    PowerNow only gives you unlocking downwards, using PowerNow. The ability to
    change the multiplier in the BIOS, or change it above the maximum level, can
    be switched off by AMD very easily and is unrelated to PowerNow.

    [...]

    Michael Brown, Jun 14, 2004