Barton and KX7-333R

Discussion in 'Abit' started by dbogey, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. dbogey

    dbogey Guest

    Have a version 1.0 mb, and thanks to this group was able to get a
    thoroughbred XP2000+ B core running nice and stable at with FSB = 166 MHz,
    and multiplier = 12.5 for 2.083 GHz.

    Next questions:

    1) Is it likely that a Barton 2800+ (which has the same FSB and multiplier)
    will also work?

    and,

    2) Will it be much of an improvement if it does? (As, I understand it,
    the Barton only has an edge in the L2 cache (512 vs 256) over a tbred
    operating at 166 FSB speed. And some statistics I've seen lead me to
    believe that it doesn't lead to the dramatic improvement it made for the
    P4's)

    Thanks for any help.

    Nick

    dbogey, Jul 21, 2003

  2. dbogey

    Wes Newell Guest

    No.

    Wes Newell, Jul 21, 2003

  3. dbogey

    DrWho Guest

    dbogey said...
    Really? I thought the B-cores would only work on "fixed" boards (ver 1.1
    and higher). How did you get a B-core workign on a 1.0 board?

    Just curious. I'm running a 2100+ (at 166x13) on a ver 1.1 board.

    DrWho, Jul 21, 2003