    experience with Dell previously was that I had to expect battery failure at
    about 2 years.

    Is there a test for battery condition?

    David Vincent-Jones, Mar 13, 2007

  2. David,

    All you need to do is run the laptop on battery power until it shuts down.
    It should hold up for about two hours. Acer ePower Manager settings for
    your battery are probably still at their default so your laptop should quit
    at about 20% power remaining. Note the start and end times and you will
    have a fair idea of how good the battery is.

    Hope this helps.

    Ernest Fowler
    Kansas City, Kansas, USA

    "David Vincent-Jones" <> wrote in message
    I have a TM 8100 that is now 2 years old.

    It is mainly used with the battery in place but as a desktop unit.

    Anybody have any idea how long the battery will stay in good condition. My

    Ernest Fowler, Mar 15, 2007