    The charging indicator LED turns on as soon as the laptop is shut down.

    Regards,
    Aaron Rowe

    aaronrowe, May 30, 2006

  2. This is the normal way that some laptops are designed. It is not
    necessarily an indication that something is wrong.

    Barry Watzman, May 30, 2006

  3. aaronrowe

    aaronrowe Guest

    That may be true, but at one time, this laptop did charge the battery
    while it was on.
    I should have said that in my first post.

    aaronrowe, May 30, 2006
  4. aaronrowe

    Quaoar Guest

    Barry is right, but every HP notebook I've dealt with does charge the
    battery while on AC power and booted. How does your friend know that the
    battery was not charging on AC power while booted?

    Quaoar, May 31, 2006