    after they were bought by HP - where, besides ebay and online searches
    would be a good place to look for a refurb or used backup battery for
    this older model? Thanks.

    eatnofat, Aug 30, 2009

  2. 1. There is no market for used backup batteries.
    2. Just about all vendors of unbranded laptop batteries
    are by now likely to have web sites so if your on-line search
    was any good you have found them already.

    In other words, there is no good place to search for
    used batteries and you have by now already identified
    all the convenient vendors of aftermarket new batteries.

    Don Phillipson, Aug 30, 2009