battery utility gone from status line .. how to get back?

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Esmail Bonakdarian, May 31, 2007.

  1. So here's a silly little question, I suspect the answer is something
    simple. It's on my ThinkPad T23.

    I used to have a little icon on my status line (Win2000) that allowed
    me to access the TP battery information: Status/Status
    Detail/Information. The icon would switch from a battery indicating
    percentage left to a two-pronged plug when drawing AC power.

    It's the same application that fires up if you click on the little
    battery with the exclamation mark at the top right edge of the
    ThinkPad configuration program.

    Problem is, that icon/launcher is gone, and as much as I have looked I
    can't find a way to put it back on the status line.

    Anyone know what I'm talking about? And better yet, how to get this
    back? Given that my battery is old and doesn't last very long I need
    as many hints about power as I can get :)

    Thanks!

    Esmail

    Esmail Bonakdarian, May 31, 2007

  2. Esmail Bonakdarian

    Merlin© Guest

    Mine did that, So I fired it back up by opening the applet from the control
    panel , I think, or perhaps the IBM control panel if you have one.
    Chris

    Merlin©, May 31, 2007

  3. Hi,

    I've looked, but I'll look again .. maybe I missed something.

    Thanks!

    Esmail Bonakdarian, May 31, 2007
  4. Esmail Bonakdarian

    Ben Myers Guest

    FWIW, one of the versions of the IBM battery utility runs with most any other
    brand of notebook computer, so I routinely install it on all the notebook
    computers I touch. It gives the best visual feedback for the battery and power.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 31, 2007
  5. Esmail Bonakdarian

    t40guy Guest

    I just went to start > All Programs > Access IBM > Battery MaxiMiser
    Wizard to restore this. However I'm on a t40. Hope that helps.

    t40guy, Jun 1, 2007
  6. Hi!

    That did it .. but I had to go through the whole setup sequence to
    just enable the maximizer battery gauge. It would be nice if I could
    discover a way to do this individually.

    In any case, thanks very much for showing me one way to get that
    status setting back!

    Cheers,
    Esmail

    Esmail Bonakdarian, Jun 2, 2007