Battlefield 1942 Frustration!!!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Big Fan, Jun 12, 2004.

  1. Big Fan

    Big Fan Guest

    Big frustration!

    I just built a new PC for my son:

    Asus A7N8X Deluxe
    AMD XP 2400+
    RADEON 9000 Pro 128MB
    Samsung 120MB SATA HD
    256MB PNY DDR PC2100
    420W Raidmax case/PSU
    Cyberdrive 32x CDRW

    After install, when attempting to launch the game...Splash screen
    comes
    up for a few seconds, CD drive spins, then NOTHING. No error message
    or fault. Not
    running in background. I have installed latest patch w/o any
    improvement.

    I contacted EA Games support...Suggested closing all background
    processes, adjusting audio hardware acceleration, patching, checking
    DX9 intstallation. I even edited the default video refresh text file.
    Nothing has worked!

    I have searched the web & found a couple of other people w/ this
    problem...But no solution is posted.

    The game works fine on my Abit KG7-R, XP2100+, R9800 Pro system.

    Does anyone have an idea?

    Big Fan, Jun 12, 2004

  2. Big Fan

    Kylesb Guest

    what do you mean by "nothing"? Does the game simply disappear and you
    are back at the desktop?

    What OS are you using?

    Does the game create a log file, if so, have a look therein for clues
    as to what is going wrong.

    Try changing color depth (try 16 or 32 bit).

    I've run the BF1942 demo on my win2k/a7n8x-dlx system (with Radeon
    8500 and 9800).

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kylesb, Jun 12, 2004

  3. Big Fan

    Paul Guest

    Is 256MB enough memory to run the game and the OS at
    the same time ?

    Is DirectX installed ? Does the game need DirectX ?
    Have the chipset drivers for the Nforce2 chipset been
    installed, and also the Catalyst driver and control panel
    packages from ATI ?

    If running dxdiag, from the DirectX install, are all three
    acceleration functions listed as working ?

    Can you run a program like 3DMark2001SE ? Or for that matter,
    any 3D demo programs that rely on the video card functioning
    and being installed properly.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jun 12, 2004
  4. Big Fan

    Papcina Guest

    I had almost sam problems.....balck screen and sometimes a very poor
    video quality...anyway....they told me that I have a poor video card,
    that's why (but I still had it more over then the minimum
    requirements). Try looking at the ReadMe file, maybe you will se
    something interesting....

    Regards

    Papcina, Jun 12, 2004
  5. Big Fan

    Big Fan Guest

    OS: XP Pro SP 1, new install

    Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0

    It plays Splinter Cell, Call of Duty & Warcraft OK.

    Using latest ATI Catalyst 4.5, DX 9b, & Nforce drivers & BIOS

    I used to have this vid card & the game ran fine.

    Big Fan, Jun 12, 2004