    higher settings. I run Wolfenstein very smoothly at 800x600 32bit.

    What could be wrong? Im open to any suggestions, thanks !
    Phil

    Phil, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Phil

    Andrew Guest

    Apart from the CPU and video card being on the weedy side, BF1942
    likes at least 512MB RAM. You might also experiment switching hardware
    sound acceleration on/off in the game as that can have a major impact.

    Andrew, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Phil

    Glzmo Guest

    That means the CPU is running at 1.2GHz power saving mode for when it runs
    on batteries. Make sure your laptop is plugged into the wall and set the
    power profile of Windows to either Always on or Home/Office Desk, this
    should enable the CPU run at the full 2.0Ghz.
    Also, the RAM could be an issue, as 256MB just doesn't cut the mustard for
    modern games today. You'll have to get at least 512MB, better 1024MB if your
    Laptop supports that. The Video card isn't exactly the greatest either,
    maybe some new drivers could help.

    I hope this helps,

    Glzmo

    Glzmo, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Phil

    Darthy Guest

    What are you expecting?

    1 - Its a notebook
    2 - Its an older slow P4 notebook (HP's AMD2500 runs as fast as my
    AMD2500 desktop!)
    3 - it has a crappy ATI Mobile 7500 video chip - in the real world,
    its more like a TNT card or the first radeaon card...
    4 - Its a notebook.

    Darthy, Feb 28, 2004
  5. Phil

    Dark Avenger Guest

    If you wish to GAME on a laptop... then buy an ALIEN build laptop (
    they are a compagny making game gears ) everything else..well may do
    it but probably just doesn't cuts the mustard!

    Dark Avenger, Feb 28, 2004
  6. Phil

    Asestar Guest

    Get new Omega drivers. Or catalyst4.2 from ati, and use mobilitymodder from
    driverheaven . If you're lucky, these drivers MIGHT work on your card.
    and yes, that graphic card is a bit old now.

    Asestar, Feb 28, 2004