    Pro to my new Asus 9600 SE?!?! I have Catalyst 4.10 drivers installed

    Thx,
    TJ

    Tojo, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Tojo

    Cuzman Guest

    " Why the hell I don't see any improvement by changing from my old Radeon
    9000 Pro to my new Asus 9600 SE?!?! "

    Because the 9600SE isn't really any better than the 9000 Pro.

    Cuzman, Nov 10, 2004

  3. Tojo

    Conor Guest

    THat's because the 9600SE is shite.

    Conor, Nov 10, 2004
  4. Tojo

    Inglo Guest

    I'll third that, "the 9600 SE is dog crap" opinion.

    Inglo, Nov 10, 2004
  5. Tojo

    {SFU}Xeon Guest

    Tojo, you should always do your research into cards before forking over
    cash!! SE and LE cards are bottom bin next to failure chips and should
    always be avoided unless you're building or upgrading a system for a former
    friend or ex wife. minimum card one should concider is the standard 9xxx and
    up, pro , then XT.
    Read up about specs on SE and LE cards, and you'll find out why they're so
    affordable, they usually have things disabled or non functional, or 1/2 the
    pipes or bandwidth...... sorry you found out about it after you bought your
    card.... most places will only take a card back if it is defective..... and
    replace it with a like card.
    <got any former friends or ex wives you can sell it to?>

    {SFU}Xeon

    {SFU}Xeon, Nov 10, 2004
  6. Tojo

    Tojo Guest

    I still can return it, as i took it for a test. I just thought that it would
    improve a bit from my Radeon 9000 Pro as it supports DirectX 9 and has 128
    Mb on memory. And the price was 50 bucks, because I can't afford 150 bucks
    for a Pro, so I gave it a try... But I was quite disappointed with the
    performance of the 9600SE. I'll return it tomorrow. Like that, I won't need
    to sell it to an ex-wife or a former friend :)))

    Thx for answering,
    TJ

    Tojo, Nov 10, 2004
  7. Tojo

    DaveL Guest

    SE stands for Sucky Edition. LE stands for Lame Edition. :(

    DaveL

    DaveL, Nov 10, 2004
  8. Tojo

    Augustus Guest

    The core on a 9600SE is 50Mhz faster than a 9000 Pro, but....

    9000 Pro bandwidth.....128bit 550Mhz effective...8.8 Gb/sec with DX8.1
    support
    9600SE bandwidth....64bit 400Mhz effective....3.2 Gb/sec with DX9 support

    That's not an upgrade, it's a 64% reduction in throughput.

    Augustus, Nov 10, 2004