battlefield and call of duty everything is blue and no textures.

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. Hi

    I have a Pentium III 450 mhz and a TNT2 card with 32 mb ram.

    I tried to play battlefield 1942... and I also tried to play the new RTCW:
    Call Of Duty singleplayer demo.

    When I play these games everything is blue... I only see the 3d models etc
    and no textures...

    What is causing this ?

    First I thought it was because TNT2 cards dont have T&L (transform and
    lightning).

    I posted a message about it on www.gamershell.com and someone said... that
    it was all blue because of bump mapping ???

    So I dont know if it is possible to turn off bump mapping... and I dont know
    if this is the cause at all..

    Do you know what causes this blueness and missing textures ????

    Any help would be great :D

    Greetz,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Skybuck Flying

    Mangyrat Guest

    wow how drunk can i get heheh some nice typing.

    Mangyrat, Aug 30, 2003

  3. Right you dronken bastard.

    If I would buy a new card like the ATI radeon 9000 or 9700 I would still be
    f*cked.

    It seems the demo does not run on ATI's radeon 9000 or 9700... that's what
    other players have reported...

    I dont know about you or others... but I find that scary ! :D

    See ya

    Blurp.

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 30, 2003
  4. Skybuck Flying

    Eddie Grant Guest

    You have at least two problems that need to be sorted before attempting to
    play these games again:

    1. Pentium III 450 mhz
    2. TNT2 card with 32 mb ram

    Eddie Grant, Aug 30, 2003
  5. Skybuck Flying

    Teranews Guest

    Uh, you need to do a complete upgrade. Theres nothing else to discuss in
    this thread!

    Teranews, Aug 30, 2003
  6. Neh...

    No upgrades for me... just for a bit better graphics...

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 30, 2003
  7. You ain't gonna get any without an upgrade. The TNT2 was a great card
    .... when it was it's time. Now it's generations back and really
    shouldn't even load up these games. That you get it running is awsome
    already. I'd recommend at least upgrading your video to GF4MX440 or
    something like that (budget cards, really cheap) as they will make the
    games playable without too much of an upgrade. Although don't expect to
    play with too many AI units as your CPU isn't gonna cope with it.

    Mario

    Mario Kadastik, Aug 31, 2003
  8. Skybuck Flying

    Helion Guest

    Seeing how nobody yet answered your question here goes: Any nVidia card
    before the Geforce series does not support hardware T&L (transform and
    lighting) which is required by BF1942. That is why it is blue.

    Helion, Aug 31, 2003
  9. Well I finally played Call Of Duty at my mum's pc...

    It was beautifull but not that great...

    Doom III or Quake IV... not that's a reason to upgrade.. but not Call of
    Duty :D

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 31, 2003
  10. Seeing how nobody yet answered your question here goes: Any nVidia card
    I think so...

    I just hope there is still some way to get it to work :D

    Because Call Of Duty is based on the quake 3 engine... and that runs just
    fine :D

    I wonder if these game makers have ever heared of 'backwards' compatibility
    lol... guess not :D

    I can even play Doom III on this slow pc... heck... those graphics are even
    better than this blueesnisch.. :D

    In doom III there are only missing lines... so I see black lines.... but in
    Call Of Duty everything is blue lol.

    Oh well..

    :D:D:D:D

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 31, 2003