    troubles.

    Where does one find the drivers for 'Mass Storage Device Controller'?

    Time for a Homie cap fix?

    JimL, Feb 12, 2004

  2. JimL

    TomG Guest

    the mass storage controller could be the Highpoint controller since on a
    BE6, it cannot be disabled in the bios. so, you need to either load drivers
    for the device or disable the device in device manager and not worry about
    it.

    you should be able to see the Promise controller showing as a SCSI
    controller, most likely. assuming you do see the Promise, then you know it
    is installed and working, especially since the OS booted.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 120,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Feb 13, 2004

  3. JimL

    JimL Guest

    TomG,
    That's what I just did. Odd, as that's how it'd been setup for over a
    year. Wonder why/how it suddenly changed? Gremlins? Sheep dip?

    Caps *are* bad, and I'm suspecting the slowdown to be partially related
    to them finally giving up. Eight months of swollen caps & still booting
    up, 'cept for this slowdown. Soon as the local USPS gets some #1092
    Priority Mail boxes in I'll tear it down & ship to Homie to fix it.

    JimL, Feb 13, 2004
  4. JimL

    TomG Guest

    Homie will do a good job... he has fixed a number of my boards and they are
    all still bleating like a satisfied sheep!

    TomG, Feb 13, 2004